- Types of Information Collected.
We may collect the following types of information from you:
- information automatically collected when you visit the Site, such as your IP address, browser type and other software and hardware information, and information about what web pages you have visited, what queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed, and
- information that other people provide to us about you when they send you a property listing using the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site.
- To contact you. We may periodically send you information and promotional materials about our services, properties and products in which we believe you may be interested. If you want to stop receiving informational and promotional materials from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at email@example.com.
- To fulfill requests submitted by you. If you request information or services from us, or if we receive your email address because someone you know has sent a property listing to you through the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site, we may use the information provided about you to fulfill the applicable request. If we receive your email address because someone you know has sent a property listing to you through the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site, we will not use your email address for any reason other than to send you the property listing, and any related message, that is sent to you by that person.
- To perform market research. We may use and disclose information collected through the Site for market research purposes, for project planning or for development of prospect lists for our communities. In addition, we may use your information in an aggregate manner with the information of others and may use and disclose such statistical information in connection with managing our business.
- To provide and manage the Site. We use the information we collect from and about users to measure and improve the services and features offered through the Site, to allow you to participate in contests or promotions, to enable you to communicate and share with other users, and to provide you with customer support and respond to inquiries.
- How We Share Your Information with Third Parties.
We do not sell or rent user information we collect through the Site to any third parties for their own marketing purposes. In the event we want to sell or rent your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes in the future, we will notify you and you will have an opportunity to affirmatively opt-in to receiving these third-party marketing communications. Affinity does share your information with third parties in some circumstances as follows:
- To allow third party service providers to assist us in connection with the Site. We may make your information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage the Site or provide services through the Site by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; conducting email marketing on our behalf; processing transactions; administering message boards; processing data or statistics; or assisting with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions and sweepstakes. These third-party service providers are required to protect the information we entrust to them and not use it for any purpose other than the specific service they are providing to us.
We use “cookies” and other tracking technologies which are comprised of small bits of data that often include an anonymous, unique identifier. The Site sends this data to your browser when you first request a webpage and then stores the data on your computer so that the Site can access the information when you make subsequent requests for webpages from the Site. We use these technologies to help us provide a better user experience by measuring which Site areas are of greatest interest to you. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies; however, you can choose to disable cookies in your browser. If you elect to disable cookies in your browser, you should still be able to access most webpages on the Site.
Certain web pages on the Site may contain web beacons (also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from us or use the “Email your Favorites” feature on the Site, we may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine the date and time the e-mail was sent, whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click to provide you with more focused communications and information.
Affinity does not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that third-party websites may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit. In addition, some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. In addition, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, Affinity will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Site in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
- Live Chat and Contact Forums.
If you post information about yourself via chat or similar interactive portions of our Site, that information may be viewed and used by Affinity.
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States.
Affinity is headquartered in the U.S.; the Site is hosted in the U.S. and the data you submit to the Site is stored in the U.S. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
- Securing Your Information.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical precautions to keep the information about you that we have gathered protected from unauthorized use or access. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with the Internet.
- The Site Is Not Intended for Children Under 13 Years Old.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Minors who are 13 years old or over should secure the permission of their parent or guardian before providing any information on or through the Site. We ask parents to be particularly careful in supervising any children using the Site, especially the interactive portions.
- Access to and Correction of Personal Information Maintained About You/Ability to opt Out of Further Contacts.
- In the event you wish to determine the nature of the information we have collected from or about you, please contact us.
- Updates and Corrections. In addition, if you have corrections or updates to the information we are maintaining about you (your address for example), please help us keep your information accurate by providing us with the corrected information.
- Opt Out. If you do not wish to receive future marketing and similar materials from us (other than those we are required by law or by contract to provide to you), please contact us and notify us of your request. Our inadvertent failure to comply with this request shall not be a violation of this policy. Please note that we may have gathered information about you through other sites, sources, methods and means (including through our affiliates) and this opt out may not necessarily be applied to the information we have about you that has been provided by these other sources. In addition, if you opt out to receive certain information, you may not be able to utilize certain portions of the Site.
- If you have questions about the operation of this site or other matters, please direct them to www.AffinityVacationRentals.com or call 833-4 Affinity (833-423-3464).
GUEST RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Guest Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) is for the rental of a vacation property specified in a confirmed reservation (the “Property”). This Agreement is between DJY Property Management Company, LLC dba Affinity Vacation Rentals (hereafter referred to as “Affinity”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) acting for itself and for the owner of the Property (“Owner”), and the person who is the responsible renter of the Property (collectively “Renter”, “Occupant”, “Guest”, “you”, or “your”).
Affinity provides marketing, reservations, bookings, rental and property management services on behalf of our owners who rent their properties, including the associated furniture and furnishings, to Guests seeking accommodations on a short- or long-term basis (up to six months from the date of check-in).
We are the Owner’s property manager and authorized agent, who will perform the services related to your reservation. By using the property and the services, you agree to be legally bounded and comply with the terms and conditions set forth in this Guest Rental Agreement.
- Reservation Requirements: Reservations are not considered “guaranteed” until a signed Agreement and 100% credit card payment for the total rental fee is made including sales and county taxes, cleaning fee, pet deposit (if any), marketing fee, and Damage Waiver Protection Plan Fees stated by Affinity or an authorized agent of Affinity.
- Payment and Cancellations: For reservations made more than 30 days in advance, we charge a 10% deposit of the total rent with full payment has to be made 45 days prior to check-in. For all reservations made within 30 days of check-in, we collect payment in full at the time of booking. All reservations which are made more than 30 days in advance of check-in are fully refundable. If the Guest cancels the reservation within 72 hours after the time of booking, the 10% deposit will be fully refundable. If the Guest does not complete the screening and risk process, then a full refund will be given to Guest less a $6.50 processing fee. The cancellation period expires 30-days prior to the check-in date whereby all Guest payments are non-refundable.
- Security Deposit: Security deposits are not required for each property. Guests are liable for all intentional damage and loss to the vacation rental property during their stay and require a Damage Waiver Protection Plan Fee.
- Damage Waiver Protection Plan: Each Affinity property requires the Damage Waiver Protection Plan which protects the Renter from unintended damage caused to the Property. This is not insurance and will not apply to intentional or excessive damage caused by the Renter or the Renters’ guests due to parties, smoking, pets or otherwise. Renter agrees to assume responsibility for damage, repairs and/or replacements that are not covered under the Damage Waiver Protection Plan and acknowledges that these damages may be charged to Renter’s credit card on file.
- Responsible Renter: As the responsible Renter, you agree to be an Occupant of the Property for the entire duration of the reservation. All other occupants will be family members, friends, other responsible adults over 25 years of age, or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if under age 25. You agree to be solely responsible for your actions and the actions of all family members, guests, and invitees (collectively, “Occupants”) present at the Property at any time during your stay. You will ensure that all Occupants understand and comply with the Terms. Under no circumstances shall this Agreement be sublet or released to anyone else during your stay. There are no refunds if Guest checks-out early.
- Evictions: Affinity reserve the right to evict Guest and all Occupants at any time, refuse a rental, cancel an existing reservation or terminate occupancy (without refund) if the number of occupants exceeds the stated maximum capacity, we are of the opinion that your actions will be detrimental to the property, if there is excessive noise after 10 pm and before 8 am or any violation of the local laws, regulations or ordinances is caused. Affinity has the right to charge Guest a minimum service fee of $250 with no refund for the remaining reservation dates.
- Excessive Wear and Tear: If excessive wear and tear is found on the Affinity property, and/or additional cleaning is necessary due to spills, trash left on site, stains of any kind to furniture, beds, carpet, linens, wall, wallpaper, or flooring, Guest authorizes Affinity to charge Guests’ credit card for additional cleaning fees and/or replacement costs. Guest will be provided with a receipt for any fees incurred upon request or as required by local laws or regulations.
- Smoking, Illegal Substances, and Use of Incense: The aforementioned items are strictly prohibited both inside as well as anywhere within the Rental Property boundaries. Any evidence of such use will be subject to a cleaning fee in the amount of $500 to be charged without notice to Guest’s credit card. In addition, under such occurrence, Affinity has the right to evict Guest at our discretion and Guest will forfeit all rent monies paid.
- Pets: Pets of any kind are not permitted at the Property except (1) as specifically authorized in your reservation (see Pet Addendum), or (2) bona fide service animals required by law are allowed (proof of registration may be requested). Guests who violate this policy by bringing a pet to a non-pet friendly property will be charged an additional $500, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent.
- Age Requirement: The minimum age requirement for renting an Affinity property is 25 years for three (3) bedrooms or more and 21 years for less than three (3) bedrooms. Any rental reservation made under false pretenses will be evicted from the vacation rental and will forfeit all monies on rental. Affinity reserves the right to refuse service to anyone under that does not meet the age requirements.
- Weather and Other Unforeseen Events: Affinity does not accept responsibility for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of electricity, water, gas or plumbing, or any and all damage caused by acts of God, natural disasters, weather/road closures or conditions, or other reasons beyond its control. No refunds will be given for any delays or cancellations due to such conditions. Affinity does not offer travel protection. We recommend all guests purchase travel protection insurance https://affinity.rentalguardian.com/
- Parking: Parking is limited to the driveway, garage (when available) or as specified by Affinity. Guest may only park in designated parking areas. Any illegally parked cars such as those parked on the street or on the lawn of the Property may be subject to towing and/or other fines without prior notification. RVs, commercial vans and buses are not permitted at any Property. Affinity is not liable for any vehicles towed during a Guest’s stay. Florida law prohibits double parking or parking on the street.
- Inspection upon Arrival: Upon arrival, Guest is responsible to inspect the Property to ensure that its’ acceptable and in good working condition. Any unsafe, dangerous or notable condition or concerns regarding the Property must be reported to Affinity no later than (3) hours upon arrival. No refunds or considerations will be given once Guest has vacated the Property for any issues that had arisen unless they are reported in writing and emailed to hello@AffinityVacationRentals.com Each property will be cleaned and inspected by Affinity before and after your departure. We ask that you leave the Property tidy, run the dishwasher, start a wash of towels, separate the recyclable items and take out the garbage. We appreciate you bringing in and out the trash cans to the street on designated days.
- Furnished Rental and Supplies: Affinity Properties are fully furnished and will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, a fully equipped kitchen, TV, furnishings and decor unless otherwise specified. A Welcome Starter Kit will include paper towels, toilet paper, bath and dish soap, sponge, shampoo, conditioner, bleach and detergent. These items will not be replaced if consumed during your stay. We recommend bringing additional personal items or replenishing your supply. Bring special items that are needed. Extra towels are suggested for homes on the beach, with a pool or hot tub.
- Cable TV and Internet: Affinity properties are equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi connection and cable television using various subscription packages. Affinity will provide Guest with Wi-Fi password. Owner does not guarantee any specific programming, events, or quality of reception. Guest must use their credit card for any Pay-Per-View Programs. If Owner is left with the charge, an additional service fee of $15 above the cost will be charged for each program billed without pre-payment by Guest.
- Maintenance and Access: Affinity has the right to announce themselves before entering the property at any time during Guest stay to address maintenance issues as they occur. If a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed on a timely manner or Property becomes unavailable to rent, is sold, transferred or not available for any reason determined by Affinity, then Affinity reserves the right to cancel and refund you the remaining days left on your reservation or offer to relocate you to another comparable property, if available, at no additional cost.
- Pools, Beaches, Recreational Equipment: If the Property includes a pool or hot tub, or is on the beach, there are certain risks that are involved. Guests should adhere to all rules and regulations as posted at the property. Lifeguards may not be available, so children must be supervised at all times. Wooden decks, patios and docks can be slippery when wet and may result in injury. Guest accepts all responsibilities and risks involved in or related to the use of a pool, hot tub, beach and deck/patio/dock areas. Guest assumes all risks involved in or related to any of the following recreational equipment of any kind, including but not limited to beach or pool equipment, golf cart, bicycles, docks, boats, paddleboards or other floating devices, pool or ping pong tables, game or water sports’ equipment.
- Events, Commercial Photography and Structures: Events and parties are prohibited at the Property. Commercial photography or filming of any kind is not permitted without our written permission (if approved, additional conditions and fees may apply). Tents or other structures may not be erected on the Property.
- Good Neighbor Policy: Property is a privately-owned home, and we enforce a good neighbor policy. Please treat the Property with the same care you would use with your own residence and leave it in the same condition when you arrived. To prevent theft of or damage to furnishings or your personal property, you agree to close and lock doors and windows when you are not present at the Property. Upon check-out, you and other Occupants agree to conduct yourselves throughout your stay in a manner that is respectful of and not disruptive to neighbors, traffic flow, or community. You will not prompt complaints to Affinity from police, neighbors, or homeowner associations. You understand that noise audible outside the Property is prohibited between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. You and other Occupants agree to abide by all applicable parking restrictions and limitations.
- Early check-in and late check-out: Early arrival or late departure may be available the day before check-in and check-out for an additional charge. Guests will be advised via email if available. If you do not vacate by check-out time of 10:00 am (or late check-out time as agreed by Affinity), you authorize us to bill your credit card on file for a late departure fee of up to one night’s rent. We have permission to remove all Occupants and their personal property from the Property.
- Indemnification: You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Affinity and Owner for all claims for property damage, personal injury, demands and causes of action by reason, or monetary loss resulting from your actions or omissions, and the actions or omissions of other Occupants during your stay. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities or the parties to this Guest Agreement, or their principals, agents, successors or assignees, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
- Identification and Compliance: All Guests are subject to our identification and risk screening process, which may require the Guest to provide a driver’s license, passport, credit card and other pertinent information as required by Affinity to confirm the Guest identity before staying in the Property. Affinity has the right to cancel a reservation at any time if Guest fails to complete and/or pass our Guest identification and risk screening process as determined in our discretion. Affinity does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
- Lost and Found: Affinity nor Owner will be responsible for Guest(s) personal property left behind or lost during their stay. If we find an item left behind, we are willing to ship it to the registered guest upon request. Shipping charges will be charged to the guest once we are given a valid credit card number. Items unclaimed will be held for a maximum of 14 days at which time the Affinity reserves the right to dispose of or may elect to donate the item(s) to a local charity.
- Homeowners Association: Affinity cannot guarantee the usability or condition of any amenities offered through homeowner associations, including, but not limited to pools, hot tubs, club houses, business centers, fitness rooms, tennis courts, golf facilities, picnic and beach facilities.
- Criminal Activity Prohibited: Use of the Property for any criminal activity is prohibited and may result in fines or prosecution. This prohibition extends to use of the Property’s Internet service, if any, for criminal activity, including but not limited to unlawful downloads of copyrighted material, including movies, music, software, or other material. We will cooperate with any investigation of alleged criminal activity at the Property during your stay.
- Authorization: You acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by, all terms, conditions, and policies in this Guest Agreement. Jurisdictions, resorts, and specific Properties require Renters to agree to additional terms and conditions We will inform you during the reservation process of any Unit Specified Terms that apply to the Property. If any provision of the Unit Specified
Terms differs from the Terms in this Guest Agreement, the provision of the Unit Specific Terms will control.
- Credit Card Processing: You authorize Affinity to charge your credit card for any damages or fees consistent with this Agreement, and/or for the deposit, balance due, and any additional charges incurred during your rental period. You understand this authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 30 days after the rental property is vacated. You agree not to challenge the validity, enforceability or admissibility of this Guest Rental Agreement. We accept all major credit cards.
This Pet Addendum (“Addendum” or “Agreement”) is between DJY Property Management Company, LLC dba Affinity Vacation Rentals (hereafter referred to as “Affinity”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) acting for itself and for the owner of the Property (“Owner”), and the person who is the responsible Renter of the Property (collectively “Renter”, “Occupant”, “Guest”, “you”, or “your”).
It is hereby agreed by and between Owner and Guest that Owner will allow Guest to have their approved pet and no other pets in the vacation home upon and subject to the terms and conditions of the Guest Rental Agreement and this Addendum.
The permission granted herein shall be limited to the terms outlined below. Guest hereby agrees to comply with the following:
- Guest to pay non-refundable pet deposit in the amount of $250.
- All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):-May not exceed 25 lbs. Must be spayed or neutered.Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
- All pets must be on a leash when outdoors.
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets.
- Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit. If damages exceed the amount of security deposit, then the cost of damages may be charged to Guests’ credit card.
- Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
- Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or outdoors. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
- Affinity or Owner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
- The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
As an Affinity Vacation Rental Guest, we expect that you and your group behave as you would in your own home in which you live with respect for the property, the neighbors and the neighborhood.
The following are the Rental Rules that need to be followed:
- Smoking: Smoking of any kind is NOT allowed.
- Parties: No parties. Audible noise beyond the property line from 10 pm – 8 am is prohibited.
- Pets: Pets of any kind are not permitted at the Property except (1) as specifically authorized in your reservation (see Pet Addendum), or (2) bona fide service animals required by law are allowed (proof of registration may be requested).
- Additional Guests: People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guest may be charged additional fees if the maximum occupancy of overnight Guests is exceeded.
- Accidents: All properties are privately owned. Affinity or the Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Affinity or the Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Furnishings: Please take care of our Affinity property. Use common courtesy and keep the property, appliances, decor and all furnishings in good working order.
- Appliances: Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Parking: Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only including driveways and garages(if available). Parking on the lawn or road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the property, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. If you would like to schedule a clean for an additional fee, please call us at toll free at 1-833-4-AFFINITY (833-423-3464). We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
- Hot Tub: [No children under the age of 14 is permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our maintenance crew drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. If they break, you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave the cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
- Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Fireplaces are to be turned off before going to sleep.
- Water and Septic: The property may be on a well and/or septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages to repair plumbing problems.
- Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
- The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a “Hurricane Warning area” and/or A “mandatory evacuation order has been given for the “Hurricane Warning” area of residence of a vacationing guest.
- The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a “Hurricane Warning,” area, we will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered; and any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “Hurricane Warning” period.